• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arested for suspened warrent from 1986 in CA.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

badlady

What is the name of your state?california

I was arested for a old warrent for driving on a suspened. They cited me out after 6 hours in the holding tank. Is there a statue of limitation ?

JETX

badlady said:
I was arested for a old warrent for driving on a suspened. They cited me out after 6 hours in the holding tank. Is there a statue of limitation ?
On a warrant?? No.

JETX

BelizeBreeze said:
Expire? No. Become moot? Well now, I don't think our writer would like that option :D
Sorry, but a warrant does NOT become 'moot'. A warrant either is... or isn't.

moot
adj. 1) unsettled, open to argument or debatable, specifically about a legal question which has not been determined by any decision of any court. 2) an issue only of academic interest.

TYRIS

badlady said:

-No, statute of limitations only applies prior to being charged. Warrants can be recalled after a specific period of time but since this did not happen your out of luck. Pay the fine and take probation when offered.

Tyris

badlady said:

... and don't skip anymore class..... it is showing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">