• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Michigan Car Accident Question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LoAngelave

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My Husband has no-fault insurance in Michigan. He was working underneath a car fixing a starter, in front of our home. A drunk driver came around the corner and hit his car and the car hit the truck he was under. The truck fell on him and he now has a lawyer and is seeking physically therapy. We were moving the very next week to California. He has now opened a claim in Michigan, Can he just move to California and do his physical therapy there? Or do we have to stay in Michigan for a certain amount of time? Someone told me it was 3 months before you can leave the state, is this true? Please help!

Thanks in advance :confused:

JETX

LoAngelave said:
He has now opened a claim in Michigan, Can he just move to California and do his physical therapy there?
If your talking about a personal injury claim, you can make that in the Michigan courts from wherever you are. If you mean some kind of workmens comp claim, you will have to handle that in Michigan.

If he hasn't done so already, I suggest he talk with a local (Michigan) personal injury attorney to get things started BEFORE he relocates.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">