• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car impound

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BMCG

What is the name of your state?Washington.About a year and a half ago my car was stolen,at the time the police asked me if i wanted it towed if they found it or if i wanted to pick it up,i said i would pick it up.3 days ago i got a call from the police that said they had found the car,it had been abandoned in a parking lot but the owner called a private tower instead of the police.so i get a bill in the mail that said i owe the tow truck companie $200 for the tow and $100 a day storage fee antill i pick it up.I didnt think much of it because i dont even need the car anymore so i thaught id just sighn it over to the tower and be done with it but when i called them they said even if i sighn it over i still owe the $200 and 7 days worth of storage fees.Do i have any recorse,i dont want to pay them just to give them the car,and i dont have the money to get it back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">