• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kb227

Help!! I need advice. My husband was arrested last January on possession of a controlled substance. He was pulled over with a friend, they had no drugs on them , but tested positive for residue on their hands. They were never asked or told that the police were doing a drug check on their hands. WQe could not afford a lawyer, so my husband accepted the offer the DA gave him-3years probation and deferred adjudification. The Probation officer he was assigned is a real jerk and after meeting with my husband decides he needs 6 m onths in a drug rehab because he thinks he is a candidate for relapse. My husband does this( again because we could not afford a lawyer, and here in Harris county,TX the PO's seem to have more power than the judges)The PO has been basically out to get my husband, he put him on restrictions where he could not work( even though the rehab ok'ed him working, etc.) One weekend the rehab gave my husband a pass to come home and said it had been approved, so he left and the PO found out and took him back to court and recommedned my husband go to a SAFP lockdown program for 9 months because he left with out his permission. The judge approved it, so now my husband is sitting in the Harris County Jail for 4-6 weeks to get transfered to a SAFP program, he never had drugs on him in the first place, and after serving 6 months in a rehab with no dirty UA's, no problems, just because this racist PO doesn't like him he is losing another year of his life. Can we do anything? Is this standard proceedure?Someee one told me I should try to hire an attorney to re-open his case and I coulkd probably get the whole thing thrown out? Please give me some advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">