• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help! Any Body there??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ayuke

What is the name of your state? Oregon
My car was stolen and ran into a house. It is uninsured and I am worried that I would be responsible for the damage. I made a report to the police and they just found the car. Any one know if I will be responsible since the person took off and was never arrested?

S

shell007

Why do people have cars with no insurance?
Possible negligence on your part not just the thief.

ayuke

Because I had two cars and that one was not driven

I had two cars and the other car was not driven.

S

shell007

Most of us can only drive "one car at a time". I have a Porsche in storage that I don't drive, but I can assure you "I HAVE INSURANCE ON IT". That way if something happens????? I'm covered.

Still sound like negligence on your part for not having coverage. Was it broken into, or did you leave the keys in it? That may also play a part in the negligence aspect in the future.

ayuke

Car was taken from parking lot!

In was in the parking lot of the Appartment complex. It was broken into and stolen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">