• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Neal1421

What is the name of your state? TN
This summer, by son's dad planned a trip for his daughter to go to disneyland for the week of July 4th. The child's mother initially said no since he had not given her proper notice (30 days) to schedule his summer visitation with his daughter. The father initially had the money to pay for the trip in full, however when she said no the child couldn't go, he spent the money on something else. Well, a few days before the deadline for the trip the mother calls and says ok the child can go on the trip. Since the father did not have the entire amount for the trip at the time, he told her that if she wanted the child to go on the trip she would have to pay for half of it. She agreed to do so. Neither party had the money at the time the deposit was due however his mother (child's grandmother) paid for the trip in full under the assumption that both parties would pay her back. When they returned from the trip the child's mother said that she still did not have the money but would pay it back by the end of July, never happened. He has a voicemail message of her saying that she would pay it back by the end of the month, never happened. It is now November and he has paid his mother his half and has proof that he paid her. She paid a little bit of the money but still owes the majority of it. She is now avoiding the grandmother and is going so far as to when she picks the child up she rings the doorbell and runs back to the car so that she doesn't have to face her. My question is, if he pays his mother the amount of money that she owes, can he then sue her for the amount that he paid? I know that he cannot sue her directly as she does not owe him but his mother does not feel up to suing her herself but does want the money back. What can he do?

seniorjudge

Neal1421 said:
What is the name of your state? TN
This summer, by son's dad planned a trip for his daughter to go to disneyland for the week of July 4th. The child's mother initially said no since he had not given her proper notice (30 days) to schedule his summer visitation with his daughter. The father initially had the money to pay for the trip in full, however when she said no the child couldn't go, he spent the money on something else. Well, a few days before the deadline for the trip the mother calls and says ok the child can go on the trip. Since the father did not have the entire amount for the trip at the time, he told her that if she wanted the child to go on the trip she would have to pay for half of it. She agreed to do so. Neither party had the money at the time the deposit was due however his mother (child's grandmother) paid for the trip in full under the assumption that both parties would pay her back. When they returned from the trip the child's mother said that she still did not have the money but would pay it back by the end of July, never happened. He has a voicemail message of her saying that she would pay it back by the end of the month, never happened. It is now November and he has paid his mother his half and has proof that he paid her. She paid a little bit of the money but still owes the majority of it. She is now avoiding the grandmother and is going so far as to when she picks the child up she rings the doorbell and runs back to the car so that she doesn't have to face her. My question is, if he pays his mother the amount of money that she owes, can he then sue her for the amount that he paid? I know that he cannot sue her directly as she does not owe him but his mother does not feel up to suing her herself but does want the money back. What can he do?

Q: What can he do?

A: Look at the pictures of the trip and be glad he has a kid to love and he also should pray for relief from being so danged stingy.

Neal1421

seniorjudge said:
Q: What can he do?

A: Look at the pictures of the trip and be glad he has a kid to love and he also should pray for relief from being so danged stingy.
He's not being stingy. He paid his half of the trip, she did not. SHE is the one who receives $700 in support for a child who she refuses to to take care of. The child's clothes & shoes never fit, her hair is never done, and she is not teaching the girl proper hygeine but you better believe every time you see the child's mother her hair is done, she has on the latest fashions and is about to go on some trip. He was willing to pay the full amount for the trip in the beginning but she said the child couldn't go. She agreed to repay the money back, we have her on record via voicemail messages that she would pay it so how is that him being stingy on his part?

Ellerge

Seniorjudge (if he is a man) has NEVER had to pay money to an ex and see his child deprived! [I paid my ex's Caddy payment {the Court called it child support} while my daughter lived with me and I paid ALL her expenses]. Pay your Mother and take the ex to small Claims Court and hope you get an honest Judge. (A Judge here is KC recently ruled that the DNA test that proved a man was NOT the Father was not relavant and someone had to support the child and this man was available - so This Judge (with an IQ of at least room temperature) ruled that the man HAD to pay the mother several hundred dollars a month (not the child but the mother). I hope you do not get a judge like this!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">