• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leasing Copier

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sasha2

ct

We had a copier service co come in and talked the buyer into a new lease in Nov of 2003. There was still a year to go on the old lease. He took the old and brought in the new and gave a new contract for 3 years at the same amount. We just found that we have been billed all this time for the first lease as well. They billed is through Sept of this year-one year after the contract ran out.The salesman now wants to have us lease another new mach a year early and he will take the old machine and end the old contract. I told him this error was on his side as the leases say the machines are owned by the lease company and he took it. He then said he would work on it. He came back and said he got $1500 that he would give us after we signed a new contract. (We paid 3477 )
My question is : can I give him a letter telling him to apply that check to our current lease (about 5 months payments).
The lease contract says that if you pursue the lease company for any legal it has to be in Iowa.

seniorjudge

Q: My question is : can I give him a letter telling him to apply that check to our current lease (about 5 months payments).

A: Yes, but what does that have to do with a car wreck?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">