• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dog Bites & Personal Assistant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kibby8877

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA

My boyfriend & I work for the same small company, It is a Dog Kennel. The owner is handicapped and has 4 dogs. One of which is a Doberman who has a history of biting. The dog recently bit my boyfriend, and workers comp is taking care if it but this is a touchy situation b/c the owner LIVES at the place of business with these animals, and we have to work around them.
Secondly, b/c she is handicapped, she asks many favors of all the employees. I need to know where the line is from business and personal work. Driving her to therapy is personal work for sure. None of the employees working here were hired as a personal assistants. We are all hired under the business name.
Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kibby8877 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA

My boyfriend & I work for the same small company, It is a Dog Kennel. The owner is handicapped and has 4 dogs. One of which is a Doberman who has a history of biting. The dog recently bit my boyfriend, and workers comp is taking care if it but this is a touchy situation b/c the owner LIVES at the place of business with these animals, and we have to work around them.
Secondly, b/c she is handicapped, she asks many favors of all the employees. I need to know where the line is from business and personal work. Driving her to therapy is personal work for sure. None of the employees working here were hired as a personal assistants. We are all hired under the business name.
Thanks

My response:

What does the dog bite information have to do with you, or any of the employees, having to do "personal work" for the owner?

IAAL

mlane58

I need to know where the line is from business and personal work.
Since the place of employment and her residence are the same and she is your employer, she can request you to perform any task she sees fit to as long as it is within the law and there is nothing in your post that remotely states anything illegal has taken place.

None of the employees working here were hired as a personal assistants.
Again, she can request you to perform any task she sees fit for you to perform.

Bottom line: Look for another job if you don't like the enviroment you are in.

kibby8877

why I mentioned the dog bite

They are not dogs from the kennel they are her pets and b/c she lives here we are forced to deal with them, feed them, clean up after them etc. Just wanted to state the when she has us in her living quarters for her personal stuff, we are also in danger of this dog.

S

shell007

Might want to look for a new job. Seems like you're not happy anyway, and if any other injuries happen in the future and you try to hold her accountable, a judge may look at you and say " you were clearly aware of the dangers due to prior incidents, but you chose to ignore the risks and continued to work in that environment". You might find yourself out of luck!
Get out before you loose a hand or something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">