• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

asset division

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lady00003

I live in the state of Ky. Divorced last year and received property settlement of walmart stocks.Remarried before stocks were sold and received cash after the new marriage. Is my new husband entitled to part of the cash in the event of divorce now?

L

LadyBlu

lady00003 said:
I live in the state of Ky. Divorced last year and received property settlement of walmart stocks.Remarried before stocks were sold and received cash after the new marriage. Is my new husband entitled to part of the cash in the event of divorce now?
Not if you spend it... quickly....
This astounds me, you just remarried and are now wondering about the division of assets if you get divorced?

L

lady00003

dear LadyBlu........it astounds me also!!! I am thinking now maybe he married me for the assets!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">