• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wage Payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kkelly

What is the name of your state? California
My employer is located in CA, they will be opening a new location in AZ November 7th. I am working at both places but get paid out of CA location until November 7th. I gave my two week notice and last day is 11/11/05. Our payperiod ends on 11/5/05. If on 11/7/05 (the day they open the AZ facility and I become an AZ employee) they let me go early, which state law prevails for my earned wages? All of my wages earned in the last two weeks would be paid under the CA facility, wouldn't they have to give me my final check if they let me go early? Thank you

Beth3

I am working at both places but get paid out of CA location until November 7th. I gave my two week notice and last day is 11/11/05. What do you mean you gave your two week notice? Did you actually QUIT your employment (as in fully sever the relationship) or aren't you just transferring from CA to their AZ location?

pattytx

I'm confused too. If, however, you never perform services in Arizona, California law would continue to apply. Doesn't make any difference where the employer's HQ are.

kkelly

wage payment

I know it is confusing. I gave my two week notice (eff 11/11/05)to sever the employment relationship, however effective 11/7/05 all employees will be transferred from the CA Facility to the AZ Facility. (we live in the tri state area CA/AZ/NV). There is alot more to the whole story, I want to be sure that come 11/7/05 if they decide not to have me work my whole 2 weeks and let me go early that they have to give me my check then because I gave more than 72 hour notice (CA law?) and not have the 7 day grace period for AZ. All of the hour worked up to 11/5/05 will be paid out of the CA facility. Hope that clears it up a bit. Thank you

pattytx

Since you would be working in Arizona at the time of the termination, Arizona law would apply. It kinda stinks, but that would be the way it would work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">