• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

praddbitt

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I was recently involved in an accident where the other person (car 1) rear-ended a car (car 2) that rear-ended me. The insurance company for the driver of car 1 has offered a settlement, but it was $100-$200 below blue book and what I was willing to accept for my damages. How long do I have to settle this claim before the statue of limitations applies? Is $100- $200 worth going to court? If so, who would I seek damages against? Thanks.

teflon_jones

$100-200 is not worth going to court for. Have you told the company you're not happy with their offer and would settle for $100-200 more? They might give it to you to be done with you.

praddbitt

Legal question

I agree a few hundred dollars is not worth the court battle, it irks me that insurance companies can offer slightly less knowing it is not worth the fight.

I have produced documents from the Kelly Blue Book, the NADA car values, and car prices from actual dealer websites indicating a value higher than what I am asking for damages (my car was totaled). The other insurance company refused to budge on their offer.

If it is not worth my time, then it shouldn't be worth their time either.

How much time do I have to settle?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">