• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another back surgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msmarie

What is the name of your state? I am in Florida. If anyone can shed some light on my situation. I had hurt my back at work lifting heavy box of files and had surgery in 2000. Because I was not followed by any legal counsel some other work incidents happened at the same job and I understand now because I did not keep up with the WC doctor every year that my case is closed. A regret I have now but have to go forward. I am looking at a possible fusion now due to a collapsed disc where I had my surgery and I am presently out of work (been on the job 19 years now) I never received a settlement from WC only an impairment check for 2000.00. In May of this year I was at a pharmacy store when one of their end caps fell on my hip knocked me to the floor and really bruised my hip, went to doctor for shots and dont know if this made my condition worse. They made me an offer of 1000.00 which I did not sign for a month ago. I underwent a discogram and two mri's so far and I am in constant pain. The surgeon I am seeing is the WC doctor who did the first surgery. If he said in 2000 I may need fusion someday would that not be covered under that case or am I just plain screwed on this one. I am a single mother with one child and alot of responsibility, Any advice would be appreciated Pain is unbearable and I have been unable to function as of late, Hopefully my insurance company will cover these medical bills. Any advice? Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">