• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need some advice on my neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greykitty

What is the name of your state? Michigan, Hamtramck.

Okay i have this neighbor who is pretty much known for his auto damage accusation..

today he came to our house claiming that my dad hit his car at some point and he still has some paint on it.. when my dad said that he was very careful when he parked the car and there was no car close by.. that guy suddenly changed the story that the paint scratch was from before and today he noticed that dads car's rear end right corner bumper has some paint similar to his .. (by the way my dad was wondering about that red paint for a while as how it got in there)..

heres the reason i found it illogical for dad to his car.. 1. his scratch was on left side of the car and my dads scratch on the right side 2. they both parked left side of a one way street. and my dads car was front of his (even on parallel parking i found it close to impossible and my dad isnt a big fan of parallal parking. he tries his best to avoid it) 3. the guys car has alerm which is very sensitive.. even when a car passes by loudly or if someone honks it makes noises.. therefore even if anyone ever hit his car the alerm will go off like crazy ..

here are the reason theres a chance that he might hit our car.. 1. when he tried to demonstrate the scene it seemed like it is possible for him to hit our car. his car was behind ours and it can touch our cars right corner with his left side when he has to come out. (it would've been so easier to draw a diagram instead of writing).. 2. when another neighbor of ours (the house after his) who came to the scene and saw everything and then said that our crazy neigbor broke his mirror that guy changed his story again and said its a big misunderstanding and tried to laugh it out..

This is not the first time he has tried to take advantage. in the past he took money from both my dad and our landlord accusing them of hitting his car (of course without any proof and he refuse to talk to the police or call the insurance agent) .. few months back he claimed that our landlord has hit his car because it has a fresh new dent on it and it was behind landlords car (our landlord used to work nightshift but it is possible someone else hit his car before, or he got hit someplace else and later blamed on the landlord). also he parks his car very close to our driveway, couple of inch blocking (ignoring the yellow line which is almost faded). its like waiting for the car to be hit. once my dads car bumped into his had a hairline scratch which my dad has paid for but when my dad offered to call the police or insurance that guy just refused and tried to scare my dad off as it might ruin dads perfect driving record.. i even saw that guy hitting my neighbors (the house next to his) kid..

now the point of my long babbling is .. is there anything we can do to stop this guy? can we file a restraining order or something like that against him? since he is trying to do insurance fraud by hitting our car on purpose or waiting to be hit is there anyway to prevent it?

S

shell007

I was going to say the same thing re: getting a restraining order.

If no grounds for that at this time, I would at least file a police report re: harassment so that there is (at minimum) documentation should this guy go totally off of his rocker and try to pull some other more significant scam in the future which may be grounds for a restraining order in the future. At least then you/dad has documentation proving that this was not the first and only incident.

Last edited:

greykitty

Thank you so much for the advice.. yes i'm thinking about filing a complain too .. umm lets see what happens..

yes it would be totally fun to see if he ever files a complain about this matter.. because its impossible what he is claiming ... in order to hit his car someone must drive on the sidewalk ..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">