• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Next Course of Action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mdv2000

What is the name of your state? California

Hi, my wife was in a car accident two weeks ago. A drunk driver turned in front of her while she was in the intersection. I have Liability Insurance only, and the drunk driver has only the finance companies insurance that is only for there vehicle. I need to know what can be done in this situation. The drunk driver had no license. All he had was a Mexico ID driving in a very expensive Dodge Durango. I need guidance, I refuse to have to eat this!

Thanks,

Ready for War

mdv2000

A little problem!!

I just checked with my insurance. They are giving me a hard time about my insured status at the time of the accident. They requested information that I provided a week prior. I paid them like I always do and they told me after my claim with them that my status was inactive due to a marriage license they are requesting now. This is a horrible insurance company that seems to not have it together. I have been advised to take the drunk driver to small claims, but I seems this is a turkey shoot that could take years and time to get resolved. Would you agree?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mdv2000 said:
What is the name of your state? California

Hi, my wife was in a car accident two weeks ago. A drunk driver turned in front of her while she was in the intersection. I have Liability Insurance only, and the drunk driver has only the finance companies insurance that is only for there vehicle. I need to know what can be done in this situation. The drunk driver had no license. All he had was a Mexico ID driving in a very expensive Dodge Durango. I need guidance, I refuse to have to eat this!

Thanks,

Ready for War

My response:

This is what happens, and what you deserve, when you drive in California with "State Minimum" liability insurance. Yes, you're going to be "eating" this.

IAAL

mdv2000

Asking for advice and getting attitude

Hi, I know your not obligated to give advice to this forum and I think this website is a great resource, but the attitudes that this websites "Senior Members" gives are uncalled for. People come to your site because we don't know the law. You guys give advice. If you have an issue with people that come to your site for advice, why respond? There's no need to bite someones head off when asking a website for advice. Once again I think it's a great service, but please show a little professionalism when responding to people. No ones perfect, and if your having a bad day then you don't need to take it out on people that request your advice.

"If you upset one customer you lose twenty"

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">