• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fire coverage different if your car is old?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nikolait

Hawaii
My fully restored 70 Buick convertible caught fire and was totaled today :(

I have standard comp and collision from Allstate but when I called them they said it's not covered since it's old! They said it's maintence related!

The car was fully restored inside and out and in top mechanical condition. It caught fire just driving down the road.

Any opionions out there about my being covered or not?

Thanks!

Nikolai

racer72

All I can say is next time buy insurance for an older car from a company that specializes in insurance classic and vintage cars. I insure my classic through Hagerty Insurance and I have full replacement coverage for less than $500 a year. I have also heard good things about Grundy too.

teflon_jones

You should send a letter stating your case for why this claim should be paid to the insurance company, and cc the state attorney general, BBB, and state insurance board. You may get some action by doing that. Your only other option is to sue them in court for the damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">