• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do companies keep recorded tapes of their customers when they apply over the phone?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

j_robinson

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I thought maybe someone here would know the answer to this. My insurance company is refusing to pay for a broken windshield because they're saying that I don't have comprehensive coverage. I thought that I purchased this when I applied over the phone. Would my insurance company (Progressive) have a recorded tape of when I purchased the policy over the phone? I purchased my policy around a year ago. If they did record it, would they still have the tape? Thanks for any help. :)

Justin

seniorjudge

Justin, it is irrelevant whether you were taped and it is irrelevant whether they still have the tape if they did tape you.

What is relevant (and the only thing that is relevant here) is what the policy says.

If you do not have a policy with comprehensive coverage, then that means you do not have a policy with comprehensive coverage.

S

shell007

usually when you "add to" or "change" something on your auto policy, the insurance company will send you a revised copy of the new policy with any changes and/or additions/deletions they made.

It should be the responsibility of the insured to check the new policy, make sure it is correct, and make any corrections if needed by contacting the insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">