• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rental Woes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ram1500

What is the name of your state?Maryland, vehicle repair in Pennsylvania
I was involved in an accident on 9/11/05. The other person's insurance has accpeted liability. The vehicle entered the repair shop on 9/29/05. I have recently been receiving calls from Enterprise about my rental. They say that the insurance company only authorized a rental until 10/1. The estimate from my shop was $4400 and the adjustor's $3800. From driving the vehicle home that night I knew there was some major mechanical damage and I expressed that to the adjustor. He still did not want to total the 1997 Dodge Ram with over 120k miles on it. I took it to my repair shop. It is now 11/4/05 and the vehicle is still not finished because of a bent frame and twisted steering box. I called the insurance claims office about the rental and they said they would cover the costs except for the two weeks that it took the shop to get started on the vehicle because it was a shop that I chose. The adjustor also told the shop owner not to submit all of the supplemental requests at once to keep from totaling the vehicle.

Questions:
1) Am I responsible for the two weeks car rental, when the shop was busy and could not get started on my car?
2) I'm afraid that when I get the vehicle back that it won't be able to get $100 for it if I try to get rid of it. Can I make the insurance total it? Is there any recourse if the vehicle is not restored to its original condition?

teflon_jones

What the insurance company is doing in reference to the rental is legal. What the adjustor is doing is illegal. Do you have proof he asked the shop to do this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">