• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired last night!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunshine12562

What is the name of your state? Texas
If I was fired while on my probation period, am I eligible for UI? I don't understand what went wrong......I was given a raise on my second check that I was told that I would not get for 3 months. (You get a raise every 3 months) I had only worked there since Oct 11 so I know that if I can get UI it would fall back on my last job.

Beth3

No one here can tell you whether you're eligible for UI. We don't know why you were fired and we don't know if you've worked the requisite number of weeks and had sufficient earnings.

What we can tell you is that you should apply for unemployment benefits immediately. The State will determine if you are eligible.

seniorjudge

texas unemployment insurance requirements eligibility

Google these search terms and you will get lots of info.

File for it regardless. They won't beat you up or anything if you are not.

sunshine12562

Thanks. Just for the record, I was at my last job 14 1/2 yrs (I quit there). When I asked why I was being fired from my new job last night I was told that "things just aren't working out." Got a raise last week and this week things aren't working out? I will go file for UI though. I was just concerned that the probation period would cover them even though they would not be paying my UI. Thanks again.

sunshine12562

Thanks Judge, I will google it and see if I can understand all their rules. I feel like I have already been beat up as I have never been fired before and kind of feel like a bum drawing UI. Just the way I was raised I guess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">