• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer changing job duties

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babyfroggy1977

What is the name of your state? PA
If I was hired as a Network Administrator and was working for 3 years doing network and systems admin duties can an employer just decide that one day I should also start making sales calls?
If I say no, because I'm not a sales person and have no desire to be one can they fire me?
If I do it, will it void my non compete?
What are ways to get a non compete agreement voided?
Also, can an employer just decide to change an employee from salary to hourly and then send them home when "there's no work to be done"?

Thanks

Last edited:

Beth3

If I was hired as a Network Administrator and was working for 3 years doing network and systems admin duties can an employer just decide that one day I should also start making sales calls? Yes.

If I say no, because I'm not a sales person and have no desire to be one can they fire me? Yes.

If I do it, will it void my non compete? Only an attorney can advise you on that after having read the agreement.

What are ways to get a non compete agreement voided? Same answer as above.

Also, can an employer just decide to change an employee from salary to hourly and then send them home when "there's no work to be done"? Nope. An employer cannot switch an employee's FLSA status back and forth to avoid paying the employee his/her regular salary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">