• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much am I entitled?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jennied

What is the name of your state? California
Last May my car was involved in an accident, my car was totalled.
Because it was the other parties fault, his insurance is just now accepting liability, but is offering me a much lower amount than my car is worth. The insurance company says that is because the person that hit me has only a $5,000 coverage for property damage, there was also another car involved, so I get what is ever left? Is this right?

jennied said:
What is the name of your state? California
Last May my car was involved in an accident, my car was totalled.
Because it was the other parties fault, his insurance is just now accepting liability, but is offering me a much lower amount than my car is worth. The insurance company says that is because the person that hit me has only a $5,000 coverage for property damage, there was also another car involved, so I get what is ever left? Is this right?
Once the other driver's policy limits are maxed out, your recourse is to sue him personally for the balance of your loss. Also, you can go to your own insurance company - were you carrying collision?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">