• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"pushing" employees out of the company by demeaning acts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babyfroggy1977

What is the name of your state? PA
I know it isn't illegal for employers to be jerks....but what if the employer drives an employee out just because they do'nt want to have to pay unemployment claims.

An example would be to take away the employees phone, computer and make them just sit there all day with a pen and paper, nothing else. (yes, this has happened to someone who worked there). Eventually the employee just quit. This is just one of many things they have done.

Thanks!

Some Random Guy

google "constructive termination".

Contact the state DOL to determine if you may be eligible for unemployment after such treatment.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
On the basis of the facts posted, this would not qualify as constructive termination.

What you describe most certainly qualifies the employer to be called a jerk; it is not illegal.

Only the UI commission of your state can say if UI would be granted, but I will be surprised if the answer is yes.,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">