• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accident with illegal alien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jkpatlanta

What is the name of your state? Georgia
I had a rearend accident where the person who rearended me was an illegal alien. What are the laws about providing insurance to someone with improper identification? Can I sue his insurance company? They want to toal my car and not pay for the rental, I will get less than I owe on the car and still have to buy a new car so I can get to work. Can I get more out them to cover the cost of having to get a new car??

JETX

jkpatlanta said:
What are the laws about providing insurance to someone with improper identification?
None other than the 'normal' ones. Wanna bet that any ID they had was fake anyway??

Can I sue his insurance company?
You can sue them... after all, anyone can sue almost anyone else over almost anything. However, you have NO claim and any suit will be dismissed.

They want to toal my car and not pay for the rental, I will get less than I owe on the car and still have to buy a new car so I can get to work. Can I get more out them to cover the cost of having to get a new car??
Nope. Your problem is you were likely 'upside down' on the car... owing more than its FMV (Fair Market Value). The insurance company is only required to reimburse you the FMV for the vehicle in the condition it was in immediately prior to the accident. They do not have to provide you with replacement value, unless you paid extra for that policy on YOUR insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">