• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bankrupcy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ricke

Indiana
My soon to be ex wife is loosing her job and is going to file bankruptcy will this affect my credit, if so how?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ricke said:
Indiana
My soon to be ex wife is loosing her job and is going to file bankruptcy will this affect my credit, if so how?
My response:

Since Indiana is not a community property State, the debts and liabilities she incurs are hers alone, and likewise for you. Thus, if she files bankruptcy on her debts, they will not affect you, UNLESS you both signed the contracts on the debts of which she is seeking to extinguish. For example, if you both signed the MasterCard credit card agreement, and she goes belly up, the CC company is going to come after you for the payments.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">