• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Person hit by auto

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NancyEB

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oregon

On Wed. night our daughter was backing up in a dark parking lot and hit a disabled girl. As soon as our daughter felt something bump, she stopped and got out of the car. The girl was sitting on the ground by the car. She kept saying she was ok and that she just scraped her shoulder and leg. My daughter helped her up and kept asking her if she was okay, but the girl just kept saying she was fine and walked off with a couple boys who had seen the accident. Apparently the HS principal ended up taking her home. The next day, my daughter saw the girl at school and again asked if she was okay. The girl said yes and walked away. On Friday, the girls mother called the school to find out who had hit her daughter, because she had taken her to the doctor to get xrays. Apparently there were tire marks on her leg, but no other injuries. (this girl wheres braces on her legs and can't walk very well) Our daughter had failed to tell us about this accident until friday morning because she thought the girl was okay and she was scared. On friday I called the girls mother and asked about the girl. She said she was okay, but wasn't sure her insurance would pay for the xrays. I told her to let me know how much it was and we would go from there. At the beginning of the summer, our daughter ran into a car door in a parking lot, so this is her second accident in a very short time. We have not yet notified our auto insurance company and are unsure of how to proceed. Please help!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

NancyEB said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oregon

On Wed. night our daughter was backing up in a dark parking lot and hit a disabled girl. As soon as our daughter felt something bump, she stopped and got out of the car. The girl was sitting on the ground by the car. She kept saying she was ok and that she just scraped her shoulder and leg. My daughter helped her up and kept asking her if she was okay, but the girl just kept saying she was fine and walked off with a couple boys who had seen the accident. Apparently the HS principal ended up taking her home. The next day, my daughter saw the girl at school and again asked if she was okay. The girl said yes and walked away. On Friday, the girls mother called the school to find out who had hit her daughter, because she had taken her to the doctor to get xrays. Apparently there were tire marks on her leg, but no other injuries. (this girl wheres braces on her legs and can't walk very well) Our daughter had failed to tell us about this accident until friday morning because she thought the girl was okay and she was scared. On friday I called the girls mother and asked about the girl. She said she was okay, but wasn't sure her insurance would pay for the xrays. I told her to let me know how much it was and we would go from there. At the beginning of the summer, our daughter ran into a car door in a parking lot, so this is her second accident in a very short time. We have not yet notified our auto insurance company and are unsure of how to proceed. Please help!

My response:

The first thing to do is call your insurance. Second thing to do is take the keys away from your daughter until she's mature enough to realize she can't drive, and that the hunk of metal she was driving is a killing machine.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">