• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I Have A Case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRADLBORD

What is the name of your state?HAWAII
I RECENTLY FINANCED A CAR FROM A DEALERSHIP, SIGNED ALL THE PAPERS, AND WAS GIVEN THE KEYS ETC. FOR THE CAR. ITS BEEN ABOUT 3 WEEKS NOW AND TODAY SATURDAY NOV. 5, 2005 THE DEALERSHIP CALLS ME AND TELLS ME HE CAN'T GET ME APPROVED AND I NEED TO BRING THE CAR BACK. NOW HE TELLS ME THIS AFTER I ALREADY SOLD MY OTHER CAR TO SOMEONE, AND AFTER 3 WEEKS. I'M REALLY IN NEED OF SOME ADVICE OF WHAT TO DO! IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE GET BACK TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT, CAUSE I'M LOSING MY MIND!

I don't know anything about the laws in Hawaii. In PA the buyer and seller have 3 business days to cancel a deal and I believe this relates to a sale of over a certain dollar amount. 3 weeks later seems to me is a long time to take to find you financing, they are supposed to find that out the day of the sale if you qualify. But let's be realistic here. If you can't get a loan to pay for the car, how are you going to pay the dealer for the car? This could get sticky because if they don't get paid for the car then they could repossess it. Something smells rotten here. I would get an attorney.

JETX

sunshinee50 said:
I don't know anything about the laws in Hawaii.
Then why the hell did you respond???

In PA the buyer and seller have 3 business days to cancel a deal
No they don't. The 72 hour cancel does NOT apply to car purchases!!

JETX

BRADLBORD said:
What is the name of your state?HAWAII
I RECENTLY FINANCED A CAR FROM A DEALERSHIP, SIGNED ALL THE PAPERS, AND WAS GIVEN THE KEYS ETC. FOR THE CAR. ITS BEEN ABOUT 3 WEEKS NOW AND TODAY SATURDAY NOV. 5, 2005 THE DEALERSHIP CALLS ME AND TELLS ME HE CAN'T GET ME APPROVED AND I NEED TO BRING THE CAR BACK. NOW HE TELLS ME THIS AFTER I ALREADY SOLD MY OTHER CAR TO SOMEONE, AND AFTER 3 WEEKS. I'M REALLY IN NEED OF SOME ADVICE OF WHAT TO DO! IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE GET BACK TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT, CAUSE I'M LOSING MY MIND!
Don't type in all caps. It is considered shouting and is rude. Especially when you are asking us for assistance.
Once you edit your post to remove them... I will be glad to respond.

I only wanted to try and help the guy!

Okay, checked with my brother who sells cars. You cannot return a car in 72 hours if you go to the dealership to purchase a car. If they come to you at your house or place of business to sell you the car then you have the option to cancel the contract. The rule of thumb is if you are at the dealership you have the option to walk away from the deal but if they are at your residence then you can't walk away and are relying on the dealer to give up trying to sell you the car so it would be out of your control. The dealership can tell you to bring the car back in 3 weeks, a month, whatever, if they couldn't get the financing for you. Most of the time he said this happens because the customer wasn't truthful about his wages or forgot to tell them he had child support to pay or he had bad credit and didn't reveal this. Sometimes it could take a month to try to find financing but it just doesn't work. He said it happens all the time. JETX, I am eating crow right now but at least I did the homework to make it right :eek:

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

sunshinee50 said:
You know, isn't this a forum where everyone can reply? I do understand that people come here to get advice from a lawyer but there are plenty of people responding that are not lawyers because they have had similar situations. As far as the 72 hour rule, I am going to check with my brother on this one who happens to be a car dealer. I know it doesn't apply with houses. Forgive me oh great one for stepping on your toes.
Where do all these people come from who argue vehemently for their ignorance. :rolleyes:

JETX

sunshinee50 said:
You know, isn't this a forum where everyone can reply?
Nope.
"FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues."
Your post was not similar... and NOT accurate... AND not of benefit.

I do understand that people come here to get advice from a lawyer but there are plenty of people responding that are not lawyers because they have had similar situations.
Okay, how EXACTLY was your situation similar??
You are in a different state and you claimed a law that doesn't exist!!!

As far as the 72 hour rule, I am going to check with my brother on this one who happens to be a car dealer. I know it doesn't apply with houses. Forgive me oh great one for stepping on your toes.
Here, let me help you by educating you on YOUR state 'right to rescind' laws. You will see that they do NOT apply to a car purchase... making your post LESS than worthless!!
They can be found at:
http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/consumers.aspx?id=294

JETX

BelizeBreeze said:
Where do all these people come from who argue vehemently for their ignorance. :rolleyes:
I don't know.
Up until about 6 months ago... I spent all my time answering posts and trying to help.
Since then... I find that about 80% of my posts are spent having to correct stupid, incorrect and inane posts by idiots!!!

Then stop people from posting, don't make it an open forum and all your problems will end. Remember, us morons paid for your way of life. If it wasn't for us morons you wouldn't be able to spend all day answering posts in here. My brother isn't an attorney but he could lose his job if he doesn't know the rules even if it isn't in Hawaii, his input could help! And he is used to playing by the rules because he is a cop too. I hope you don't have children and if you did I feel sorry for them because you have no patience. I saw someone that I felt sorry for and wouldn't want to be in his shoes so I tried to make him feel alittle better until I got more information. Excuse me for being a softie!

B

BreanaLee

sunshinee50 said:
Then stop people from posting, don't make it an open forum and all your problems will end. Remember, us morons paid for your way of life. If it wasn't for us morons you wouldn't be able to spend all day answering posts in here. My brother isn't an attorney but he could lose his job if he doesn't know the rules even if it isn't in Hawaii, his input could help! And he is used to playing by the rules because he is a cop too. I hope you don't have children and if you did I feel sorry for them because you have no patience. I saw someone that I felt sorry for and wouldn't want to be in his shoes so I tried to make him feel alittle better until I got more information. Excuse me for being a softie!
There's really no point in arguing with them...just report them for being jerks and accept that you're a decent human being, while they're questionable.

BelizeBreeze

sunshinee50 said:
Then stop people from posting, don't make it an open forum and all your problems will end. Remember, us morons paid for your way of life.
You don't have the money or the intelligence to pay my dry cleaning bill, much less my way of life.
If it wasn't for us morons you wouldn't be able to spend all day answering posts in here.
Wrong again. If it wasn't for morons like you I wouldn't have a laugh.
My brother isn't an attorney but he could lose his job if he doesn't know the rules even if it isn't in Hawaii, his input could help!
Sure it could. So, ask him where to cut the next time you need open heart surgery.
And he is used to playing by the rules because he is a cop too.
Yep, then he's qualifited to give a legal opinon. Well ain't that special.
I hope you don't have children and if you did I feel sorry for them because you have no patience.
We have no patience with ignorance.
I saw someone that I felt sorry for and wouldn't want to be in his shoes so I tried to make him feel alittle better until I got more information. Excuse me for being a softie!
and in the process posted an absolutely IRRELEVANT pile of crap.

S

shell007

Sunshinee50:

When BelizeBreeze wrote:
You don't have the money or the intelligence to pay my dry cleaning bill, much less my way of life.
Let's just play along for a minute here and pretend you did have to pay for BB's dry cleaning and his way of life.

#1 How much could it possibly cost to get 1 robe dry cleaned, and OK...let's throw in one pair of socks.

#2 As for his way of life...One loaf of bread. One jar of peanut butter, and one jar of Jelly. Maybe when he want's to have a real fancy dinner for 1 (obviously not 2) let's go way out on a limb here and throw in a package of bologna. Oh yeah....and an old torn recliner from a local garage sale.

Cost to live as BB does...... $10.00, cost of my responce....PRICELESS!!!!

JETX

shellandty said:
Cost to live as BB does...... $10.00, cost of my responce....PRICELESS!!!!
What is a 'responce'??
Is it a spanish explorer in Florida who has returned???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">