• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reimbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DATTEBERY

My job as a project manager for an electrical contracting firm requires to sometimes purchase materials on a cash basis and will be reimbursed by my company. In doing so on an out of town job, I purchased numerous items, turned in the original receipts but when I was terminated I have not been paid for these items. I have discussed the issue with my former supervisor who had told me to turn these in, he said he reviewed them and all items were justified. I have sent a letter about the reimbursements without reply. This company is in Texas- San Antonio, how should I proceed, and what is the likely outcome? The first item list was turned in 3 weeks prior to my termination for $200, and the 2nd one was turned in 2 days after my termination for $700. I was not paid for a vacation due me but the local labor board says the company does not have to pay me for that. The reimbursement is standard practice for all employees and I have been repaid for these type of cash transactions previously without question. I have retained copies of the receipts for further action as required.

Last edited:

JETX

DATTEBERY said:
how should I proceed
If you feel you have exhausted all 'normal' processes of resolution, your only remaining one is to file a lawsuit, presumably small claims.

and what is the likely outcome?
No one can answer that without a COMPLETE review of all the facts.

I was not paid for a vacation due me but the local labor board says the company does not have to pay me for that.
As you discovered, Texas does not require payment of unused vacation... so that issue is not relevant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">