• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal defamation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dogsrule2001

I need help, I think I have a legal issue with the community college I attend. The administration made a false statement which they said I made that in turn caused an instructor to resign. Anyway, on the schools side it could be sexual harassment, but since I was having the relationship with the instructor, and I was not the one filing the complaint....they called me in. They got information via an outside anomoyous call. Now, my reputation has been affected not only by students but prospective employers. What kind of action can I take. They lied to me, made me the victim. put the relationship out in the open and now I am the one damaged.

HELP!

R

rrg956

While it is quite possible that the administration used you to get rid of the instructor whose conduct may have been "unacceptable" to them, that would not give rise to any lawsuit that you can file.

As for your reputation with students and prospective employers, nothing in your writing suggests actual damages that you could file a lawsuit over. Further, if you did file a lawsuit, you can bet that any conduct that can be used against you will be used against you as a defense. Good luck!

THE FOREGOING MAY NOT BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">