• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Screwed by a school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shuga

Florida

Email [email protected]

My Dilema: I went to a school and the coach promised me everything. I told him l that I wouldn't be able to pay any thing out of pocket and that his school was a little too expensive for me and that I couldn't afford it. He told me that was fine there were work-study, loans, and scholarships. I told him that I didn’t want to take out a loan my first year of college because I wasn't sure what I wanted to be yet and that I didn’t want to waste money on a courses that had nothing to do with my major. He told me he would guarantee work-study. When I went to the office to review my status they told me that I wasn't on the list, I went to my coach and asked him why I wasn't on the list he told me I was on the top of the list and to not worry about he would look into it. Thinking nothing of it said okay. The last month of my cross-country season I fell very ill with severe tonsillitis. I couldn't swallow or take rapid breaths because my tonsils blocked my air passage. When I went back to practice and told him he had no problem with it seeing that he had somebody to replace me for the big race. If he didn’t find any one it would cost him 1500 dollars to race his team with four people instead of five. When the girl backed out of the race 2 weeks before he came to me demanding a doctors note stating I couldn’t run. I the doctor gave me note stating that I could not run or do any exercise that needed me to take rapid breaths. When I told my coach that he said I was faking it and that he wanted me to walk the 3-mile race. I told him no. I was an athlete devoted to running and I refuse to walk a race that’s not me I don’t walk anything I race to beat my personal record and do better. When I went to sign up for classes for next semester they told me that I had an outstanding balance of 4,500 and they were trying to contact me since the beginning of the school year and couldn’t. My Mother said that she did not receive any documents from St. Thomas and all my mail was sent to me. This happened to me deck, 2003 and since then they have been charging me for things I didn’t use. I had my own insurance and they said that I had theirs. I don’t know what else to do because the coach was fired and they said threes nothing they could about. What can I do?

JETX

Shuga said:
What can I do?
Pretty simple. Just present your WRITTEN scholarship offer to the finance office at school. They will then apply your WRITTEN scholarship to the outstanding tuition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">