• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting a refund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ron26

What is the name of your state? PA

I recently was looking into signing up for a prepaid service..I advised the manager that I need to look into it before I sign up..He said fine and just wanted to know how would I pay if I decided to go with it..I told him I would pay with my debit card..He said fine just fill out the papers and give him a call when i decided what i was going to do..H did, however called me first and said that in order to get the discount he need to have my debit card info, but he will not run it..it was just so if there is a problem if i decided to sign up after the promotion...to make a long story short my debit card was ran on the 4th of Nov..w/o my permission..i just need to know what can be done here..i contacted the company and a cust serv rep told me that it is unlikely for me to get a refund but to fax over info stating that i want to cancel..what can be done here? what are my options? please help..

JETX

Ron26 said:
i just need to know what can be done here..i contacted the company and a cust serv rep told me that it is unlikely for me to get a refund but to fax over info stating that i want to cancel..what can be done here? what are my options? please help..
In reading your post... it is unlikely that you can do anything. First, your story is simply NOT supported by the facts.
You completed the paperwork.
You gave them your debit information.
They have your signature.
And now you claim you really didn't mean to???

It would be very hard, if at all possible, for you to convince anything that you didn't authorize this debit.

Last edited:

BL

Ron26 said:
What is the name of your state? PA

I recently was looking into signing up for a prepaid service..I advised the manager that I need to look into it before I sign up..He said fine and just wanted to know how would I pay if I decided to go with it..I told him I would pay with my debit card..He said fine just fill out the papers and give him a call when i decided what i was going to do..H did, however called me first and said that in order to get the discount he need to have my debit card info, but he will not run it..it was just so if there is a problem if i decided to sign up after the promotion...to make a long story short my debit card was ran on the 4th of Nov..w/o my permission..i just need to know what can be done here..i contacted the company and a cust serv rep told me that it is unlikely for me to get a refund but to fax over info stating that i want to cancel..what can be done here? what are my options? please help..
You have NOT provided sufficient information to receive an accurate reply .

As in : was/is there a refund policy ?

If so , did you cancel within that refund time limit , as per policy .

You may have learned a valuable lesson here ...

If they refuse a refund you could :

#1 ) File a Complaint with the State's Attorney General's Office .

# 2 ) If this Co. is a member of the BBB , make a complaint to them .

Good luck .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">