• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bought vehicle from coworker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

icvictory

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Lucida Sans Unicode
I live in Alaska. I bought a vehicle from a coworker. Her husband said that the only thing wrong with it was the wheel bearing. Me and my husband took it to be repaired and one thing led to the next. The tags were just about to run out and it wouldn't pass our state IM test. We finally got that passed and took it to DMV to get the new tags and learned that the license plate doesn't match the vehicle and had to buy new plates. So far we've put about $2000 into the vehicle. My coworker's sold it to us for $500 (it's an '84 Wagoneer JEEP) but when we complained, he dropped the price to $100. Do we have grounds to take him to Small Claim's Court?

BelizeBreeze

nope. Not even a slim chance.

Of course, you have every right to sue him but why waist the money when it will be throw out with yesterday's trash?

dallas702

Let the air out of his tires every day until he begs to give your money back. He'll get tired of walking home real quick.

Of course, that's just a thought, noit a real suggestion.

S

shell007

Everyone seems to buy a vehicle, fork over the cash, and then they worry about taking it to get it checked out and then B..tch when they find something wrong with it. Why....Why....Why....I ask....???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">