• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EMBEZZLEMENT & 401K

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WISCONSIN56

What is the name of your state?
CAN AN EMPLOYER KEEP THE 401K AND FINAL PAYCHECK FROM AN EMPLOYEE WHO HAS EMBEZZLED FUNDS FROM THE COMPANY IN ILLINOIS?

seniorjudge

WISCONSIN56 said:
What is the name of your state?
CAN AN EMPLOYER KEEP THE 401K AND FINAL PAYCHECK FROM AN EMPLOYEE WHO HAS EMBEZZLED FUNDS FROM THE COMPANY IN ILLINOIS?
Cut off your caps lock and give us facts and details.

WISCONSIN56

Embezzlement & 401K

Excuse me for the caplocks, I thought this was a place for advice, not a lesson in typing. An employee has been accused of embezzlement but has not been convicted yet. Can the employer keep his/her 401k and last paycheck? The company is located in Illinois

seniorjudge

WISCONSIN56 said:
Excuse me for the caplocks, I thought this was a place for advice, not a lesson in typing. An employee has been accused of embezzlement but has not been convicted yet. Can the employer keep his/her 401k and last paycheck? The company is located in Illinois
If you want advice, your question must be readable.

Yes, the company could keep that money if the court latched on to it and made the bad guy give it up.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I disagree with regards to the 401k. I believe that is essentially safe from seizure because of its pre-tax status.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">