• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Presumptive Death Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

catldogSR

What is the name of your state? Calif

My husband passed on recently. I know there is a Presumptive Death claim in Calif for past law enforcement and Firefighters. My husband was a deputy Sheriff -- he had a heart attack while working in his patrol car several years ago and all that was covered by the Dept..

His recent death was from a heart attack, it was within the 5 year period of last date worked. He had had heart surgery for his valves which were in terrible condition -- he suffered for several years but did not learn how bad until 2 years before he passed, that is when he had his surgery.

How does one find out what one needs to do, what is the amount on the claim, is there a site that tells you this? Does one absolutely need an attorney or can one file just within the department?

Thank you in advance for any advice

Last edited:

Beth3

My sincere condolences on your loss.

I'm afraid I don't have any experience with this this specific issue but why don't you contact the HR/Administration offices of the Sheriff's Department and inquire?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">