• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Undercoating Overspray Everywhere

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Varenter2005

What is the name of your state?Virginia

Hello, Anyone with advise, I'd really appreciate a reply, thanks.
OK Bought my first new truck. The aftermarket lady convinced me to purchase undercoating as well as other things. I first noted my particular ways with vehicles, especially when it comes to my first new one. I told her that I didn't want overspray. She told me that they were very careful and that they took all nessesary precautions when spraying. I understand some things are unavoidable but it appears that they just sprayed away at anything possible. The overspray is so bad that it somehow managed to get on top of the valve covers, (the very top of the engine for those non mechanicall people.) The exhaust was covered, not as if it was sprayed but just bits and pieces. Being a Truck with an off road package it's very noticable. The shocks are blue in the rear. Half perfectly coated, half still blue. The frame, (which I feel is the most important part to prevent corrosion on) is only half covered on the outside. The inner fenders, (plastic so they don't have to be coated) are only half coated, which leaves them half shiny, half not. I'm the type person that regularly pressure washes the underside of my vehicle. The dealership told me there was nothing they could do about it now. Is this something that I can get a quote for repair from a body shop and then take them to small claims court??? Thanks to anyone willing to read my post and reply!

Varenter2005

Just incase this Helps

I picked up the truck from the dealership tonight from having the undercoating done. I want to take action tomorrow because I don't want to undercoating to set up too long before trying to remove it!

BL

Make a report with the State's Attorney General's Office and the BBB.

Also , return receipt Certified Mail to the Dealer . , request a Replacement Vehicle ( don't mess around on fixes ) . The crap is all over the Place .

In all your Complaints request a Replacement vehicle ..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">