• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Someone please help me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Varenter2005

If you feel I need professional advise or if it's a waist of time plz let me know, Thanks

What is the name of your state?Virginia

Hello, Anyone with advise, I'd really appreciate a reply, thanks.
OK Bought my first new truck. The aftermarket lady convinced me to purchase undercoating as well as other things. I first noted my particular ways with vehicles, especially when it comes to my first new one. I told her that I didn't want overspray. She told me that they were very careful and that they took all nessesary precautions when spraying. I understand some things are unavoidable but it appears that they just sprayed away at anything possible. The overspray is so bad that it somehow managed to get on top of the valve covers, (the very top of the engine for those non mechanicall people.) The exhaust was covered, not as if it was sprayed but just bits and pieces. Being a Truck with an off road package it's very noticable. The shocks are blue in the rear. Half perfectly coated, half still blue. The frame, (which I feel is the most important part to prevent corrosion on) is only half covered on the outside. The inner fenders, (plastic so they don't have to be coated) are only half coated, which leaves them half shiny, half not. I'm the type person that regularly pressure washes the underside of my vehicle. The dealership told me there was nothing they could do about it now. Is this something that I can get a quote for repair from a body shop and then take them to small claims court??? Thanks to anyone willing to read my post and reply!

Varenter2005

What

I don't understand your rudness. I thought this was a legal advise forum, not a ... you know what I'll be nice. If you have any honest advise for me please give it. If you want to criticize me please keep it to yourself. I don't live in this state by choice. This may be an edge. I'm in the Marines. My home of record state is Georgia. I'm not sure if I'm applicable to one or the other different laws or maybe a combonation of the both. Anyways, advise is greatly appreciated at this point!

JETX

Ignore 'Opera Ghost'... he is clearly a reincarnation of a forum 'problem'... who appears to be off his meds.

The CORRECT answer to your post is....
Yes, you can pursue your claim agains them in small claims... but you should do a lot of things FIRST.

1) Write them a very clear, concise, BRIEF letter explaining the problem and what you expect them to do about it. Include that they have 10 days to answer you. Send it certified RRR to the OWNER of the dealership.

2) Contact the 'VDACS' and file a complaint.
http://mvdb.vipnet.org/guidance_documents_02.htm

3) In the event that this leads to litigation, get LOTS of pictures and/or video of the damages. Try to find a local mechanic, undercoat installer, etc. who can view the circumstances and is willing to testify as to the quality of the work done and an estimated cost to repair/remove.

BL

JETX said:
Ignore 'Opera Ghost'... he is clearly a reincarnation of a forum 'problem'... who appears to be off his meds.

The CORRECT answer to your post is....
Yes, you can pursue your claim agains them in small claims... but you should do a lot of things FIRST.

1) Write them a very clear, concise, BRIEF letter explaining the problem and what you expect them to do about it. Include that they have 10 days to answer you. Send it certified RRR to the OWNER of the dealership.

2) Contact the 'VDACS' and file a complaint.
http://mvdb.vipnet.org/guidance_documents_02.htm

3) In the event that this leads to litigation, get LOTS of pictures and/or video of the damages. Try to find a local mechanic, undercoat installer, etc. who can view the circumstances and is willing to testify as to the quality of the work done and an estimated cost to repair/remove.
Poor Breeze must be thinking about goinh Off Meds ..... :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">