• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket mistake

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmsann

Mistake on speeding ticket

What is the name of your state? Tx

Can I contest a ticket in Texas and possilbly get out of it, if the wrong time is on the ticket. The officer was a real jerk, but rather than putting 5:40PM,
he put down 7:55 AM. Can I contest the ticket on the grounds that at 7:55 AM, I was at home getting ready for school.

Last edited:

sukharev

read up other advice on this forum

dmsann said:
Can I contest a ticket in Texas and possilbly get out of it, if the wrong time is on the ticket..
Short answer is, No, not on those grounds. The judge would just say that it's irrelevant, and you were still speeding. You can still go to court, but make sure you read up all advice on this forum, and try to figure out what else you can use for your defense.
dmsann said:
The officer was a real jerk
That happens sometimes, doesn't it :) Try walking to a car yourself when you think the driver violated the law...

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

dmsann said:
What is the name of your state? Tx

Can I contest a ticket in Texas and possilbly get out of it, if the wrong time is on the ticket. The officer was a real jerk, but rather than putting 5:40PM,
he put down 7:55 AM. Can I contest the ticket on the grounds that at 7:55 AM, I was at home getting ready for school.
Actually, yes, you can contest it. However, the chances of a judge allowing this fact to stand as grounds for a dismissal are about 0.

If you would like to see what will actually happen, let me know.

gawm

can you prove were you were at 7:55 am? I once got a ticket dismissed because the officer put the wrong time down. i let him testify and then told the judge i could not of been speeding then because i was at work. I then gave him a copy of my time card. It worked for me, but maybe the judge was in a good mood because he got laid the night before, who knows?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">