• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I did *not* go through the intersection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

weetkee1

What is the name of your state? Laguna Woods, CA

Well, the city has recently installed new red light photo encforcement cameras ~ 2-3 months ago. While travelling to work @ 2:30 a.m., I was trying to anticipate the light turning green. I slowed down, but did so at a rapid rate. the camera began to take a series of shots, as I had rolled over the crosswalk but had not completely entered the intersection (stopped long) I do not know if I'll receive a ticket, but does that constitute running a red light ; even if I did not drive completely through it?

Pugilist

For info about that kind of ticket, do a google on the name of the city and red light camera. Several sites and paid ads will come up.

But my guess is that if you did make a full stop, even though it was beyond the limit line, they will not send you a ticket.

If they decide that they do want to cite you, but the photo of your face was real bad, or if you are not the registered owner of the car, they might send you a fake ticket - one that does not have the name and address of the superior court on the front of it. You can ignore the fakes.

(Anybody have any idea what BB's post "Got you again I see... notice is required," means?)

Pug

Last edited:

CdwJava

weetkee1 said:
as I had rolled over the crosswalk but had not completely entered the intersection (stopped long) I do not know if I'll receive a ticket, but does that constitute running a red light ; even if I did not drive completely through it?
Technically? yes, you crossed the limit line and were in violation of CVC 21453(a). However, as Pug mentioned, it's very likely that they won't send you a ticket.

Where is Laguna Woods?

- Carl

CdwJava

weetkee1 said:
Laguna Woods is located in south O.C., around Aliso Viejo, Laguna Hills, Laguna Beach
I have a friend that is in charge of the red light camera program for his agency in LA County and he recently advised that his agency would not usually send a ticket for what you describe unless the speed was high. He explained that from the time interval between the pictures and the distance traveled they can determine speed of a vehicle at the intersection. From what he mentioned, I would think it unlikely you would get a ticket unless you stuck half a car length over the limit line or had to come to a screeching stop due to a high speed.

- Carl

Pugilist

Laguna Woods was formerly known as Leisure World. The new name probably increased property values 100%. So, we got cities named Laguna, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, and Laguna Woods. If I was a developer 100 miles inland I would name my new city Laguna Lake or something, just for the cachet.

Pug

CdwJava

Pugilist said:
Laguna Woods was formerly known as Leisure World. The new name probably increased property values 100%. So, we got cities named Laguna, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, and Laguna Woods. If I was a developer 100 miles inland I would name my new city Laguna Lake or something, just for the cachet.

Pug
That answers that question ... I assumed he MEANT Laguna Hills.

Nice idea ... change the name and change the reality. I worked in a city where they did that with the street names! The crime didn't go away ... the cops just got confused! Nothing like a cop getting the name of two parrallel streets confused and announcing he is on a traffic stop at "Breakwind". :D

What fun.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">