• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got Screwed over in a Business Meeting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CanadianJeff

What is the name of your state? Quebec,Canada
Recently I had a job interview which I went to and presented them my business plan. After they said they would hire me and call me in a day or two they didn't. Instead they are using my business plan without hiring me. I have proof that it was my business plan and it's dated as I emailed them a copy also. Is there any legal grounds on this? If so which law would it fall under.

Thanks

Beth3

No specific laws prohibit this but you may have civil recourse. I suggest you consult with an attorney asap.

CanadianJeff

I have a family attorney. I just don't want to call them without finding out information on it first. Which when I found this site figured it was a good start.

Thanks for your help tho. Hopefully someone else has more information concerning this. :(

Beth3

Jeff, if you'll notice at the top of the page this site deals with U.S. law only. Nobody here has any experience with Canadian employment laws and case law. You really need to find a site that deals with Canadian law or consult with your attornoey.

eerelations

I am in Canada

While there is no specific law to cover this, you may still sue. Whether or not you win, and how much you'll get if you do win, depends on your evidence. Consult with a lawyer that specializes in business litigation. (I don't think your family lawyer will be qualified to help you in this matter.) A good business lawyer will be able to advise you on your chances of winning.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">