• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dividing Up Shares - Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Len351

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA

My dad is incorporated in Pennsylvania and has 100% ownership of the S-corp stock. There's 250,000 shares. He wants to split up the shares and give me 16% and my brother 16%. How can this be done? Our accountant said all we have to do is enter it into the books and that's it. I think there must be more to it than that. Do we have to file something with the state? Do we have to issue new stock certificates that give me 40,000 shares and my brother 40,000 shares? Do we need to get anything notorized for this?

seniorjudge

Len351 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA

My dad is incorporated in Pennsylvania and has 100% ownership of the S-corp stock. There's 250,000 shares. He wants to split up the shares and give me 16% and my brother 16%. How can this be done? Our accountant said all we have to do is enter it into the books and that's it. I think there must be more to it than that. Do we have to file something with the state? Do we have to issue new stock certificates that give me 40,000 shares and my brother 40,000 shares? Do we need to get anything notorized for this?
I think y'all need to listen to your accountant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">