• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business Partner is a Druggie

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rojo12

What is the name of your state?Kentucky

My business partner is lazy, stupid, and a druggie. He brings his habits and paraphernalia to work. He drives under the influence of marijuana and painkillers all the time while on the job making him a liability to the company and deadweight. He holds myself and the business back. We are a partnership L.L.C. We bought the business with a loan. I do not forsee a buyout since this is easy money for him, he has no degree and no experience, and I can't afford it. How can I get him out of the picture.

Beth3

You need to consult with an attorney and determine the appropriate legal means to dissolve your partnership.

gawm

rojo12 said:
What is the name of your state?Kentucky

My business partner is lazy, stupid, and a druggie. He brings his habits and paraphernalia to work. He drives under the influence of marijuana and painkillers all the time while on the job making him a liability to the company and deadweight. He holds myself and the business back. We are a partnership L.L.C. We bought the business with a loan. I do not forsee a buyout since this is easy money for him, he has no degree and no experience, and I can't afford it. How can I get him out of the picture.
you chose him for your business partner! Live with it or get out of the picture yourself

rojo12

Yes, but....

Since he is now breaking the law and putting others in harms way, does he not sacrifice certain rights and in turn give me a way to give him the boot?
And your right, I chose him. He had shown flashes of brilliance but unfortunately has done a complete 180 on everyone and is a burnout.

Beth3

Since he is now breaking the law and putting others in harms way, does he not sacrifice certain rights and in turn give me a way to give him the boot? Not unless you put "no drugs" and so on in your partnership agreement. Violating criminal laws does not negate civil contracts. You really do need to speak with an attorney for expert advice on how to dissolve your business relationship.

turbowray

ok ill give this a try

hi there i dont know the laws pertaining to this partnership but i wonder if your partner got in trouble with the law for driving under the influence or illegal substance abuse if that would give you a larger window of opportunity to do something to dissolve the partnership,exspecially if it was on paper (court papers that is). This is not a ya hang em by the toenails message but im just saying this because since he works for your company and he is driving under the influence,if he gets in a wreck or hurts someone in a company truck,you as the business owner also,can loose everything you have worked for in a lawsuit or even worse a wrongful death lawsuit if he kills someone while in a company vehicle....well thats all for now....good luck i hope you take the advise given above to contact a lawyer and in the meanwhile i hope your partner doesnt cost you your part of the business money...turbowray

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">