• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOV Lane

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suryal

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York
The fast lane of LIE (Long Island Expressway east bound) automatically became HOV, that I did not notice before it was too late to get into right lane. I didnt want to cross the two solid white lines and waited till i got exit off to the right lane. As soon as I got out, the trooper (who was in fact moving few cars in front of me) saw me in rearview mirror and slowed down and pulled me over. I didnt mean to get into HOV lane, it was by mistake. I wanted to get out badly but didnt wanna violate by crossing white lines. There was nothing I could do unless wait for another exit what I did.
I got ticket but.. he put wrong date for my court appearance.. january 2005..supposed to be 2006. Does that make difference ?
Please help.

seniorjudge

If you were in the HOV lane and shouldn't have been, that means you are guilty of being in the HOVE lane when you shouldn't have been.

Pay the ticket.

sukharev

just try

seniorjudge said:
If you were in the HOV lane and shouldn't have been, that means you are guilty of being in the HOVE lane when you shouldn't have been.

Pay the ticket.
I agree with seniorjudge, it really does not matter if you did not know. However, I still think you have to try and go to court. Chances are, the officer would not be there or you can negotiate with prosecutor or judge to reduce it to non-moving violation. Just don't pay the ticket without trying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">