• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bitter Ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cheriann22

What is the name of your state? Iowa

I have a few questions about a small claims court lawsuit against me. My ex boyfriend, who is only filing to get back at me, is suing me for almost $1000, because he said he loaned me money and watched my son three times. He also gave me a necklace and wants the money for it now. He told me he wanted the money for all this one day when I had finally had enough of his abusive behavior; and made me sign a promisary note. I realize that signing this note probably just made it so I have to pay. I wrote the note in diress, because I felt he wouldn't leave my car if he didn't have it. We made an "agreement" that I would pay him $150 a month. This happenened in mid-October, and never on the note was there a start date of when the payment started. And even if the payments would have started in October, he filed 6 days early for the end of the month. Am I thinking right that he filed to soon and that I might win? I know this is probably confusing, but it is such a mess anyways. Thanks for ANY insght on my best options.

seniorjudge

cheriann22 said:
What is the name of your state? Iowa

I have a few questions about a small claims court lawsuit against me. My ex boyfriend, who is only filing to get back at me, is suing me for almost $1000, because he said he loaned me money and watched my son three times. He also gave me a necklace and wants the money for it now. He told me he wanted the money for all this one day when I had finally had enough of his abusive behavior; and made me sign a promisary note. I realize that signing this note probably just made it so I have to pay. I wrote the note in diress, because I felt he wouldn't leave my car if he didn't have it. We made an "agreement" that I would pay him $150 a month. This happenened in mid-October, and never on the note was there a start date of when the payment started. And even if the payments would have started in October, he filed 6 days early for the end of the month. Am I thinking right that he filed to soon and that I might win? I know this is probably confusing, but it is such a mess anyways. Thanks for ANY insght on my best options.

double post

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=289479

cheriann22

Sorry

I didn't mean to double post, I found the small claims court board after i posted on the other one. I apologize!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">