• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my house is being cased, HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

goodcharlotte20

Alright, here is the situation. Somebody told the cops that my brother and I were selling 3-4 pounds of marijuana out of our home a day. We have never sold any marijuana to anyone. We smoke, but don't sell. The cops are now watching our house 24/7. the follow us when we walk down the street. they are harrassing our friends and offering them money to rat us out. our phone is tapped also. do the cops have a right to come and search my house with no real evidence. the only thing they have on us is what somebody told them, and the fact that we have alot of people coming in and out of our house all day and night. it isn't illegal to have friends though. i want to know what they can do, and what rights do we have.

asdf

Any lawyers around? Interesting question. I'd think about having some fun and do some acting. Call a friend, and tell him to meet you with the "stuff" you talked about. Arrange the meeting out in the desert, or somewhere inconvenient. You wouldn't have to go there, only lose them at the airport.

G

goodcharlotte20

stupid pigs

oh, and now they haven't backed off, but they are looking to charge us with selling stolen merchandise. and a friend of mine was recently arrested. they pulled her over, planted an illegal knife in her car, illegally searched her car, didn't read her her rights, and used excessive force. why? because she wouldn't tell them what "was" going on in the house.

N

Ned Flanders

What is going on the house?

If you are just sitting around playing chutes and ladders and there is no illegal activity, you would think the police would have better things to do than hang out and watch your house.

Granted the smoking of marijuana is not the most serious crime in the world, it is still against the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">