• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket for not wearing seatbelt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ssbluedc2

What is the name of your state? California

Hello all, I just got a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt today. Is this ticket going to show on my driving record and/or will it be reported to my insurance company? Does it knock off points off your license? This is my first offense.

CdwJava

ssbluedc2 said:
What is the name of your state? California

Hello all, I just got a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt today. Is this ticket going to show on my driving record and/or will it be reported to my insurance company? Does it knock off points off your license? This is my first offense.
It is not worth any points on your license. And, yes, it will show up on your driving record.

The insurance company likely won't care because it is not worth any points against your license. But, you'll have to call the insurer to find out what they might ding you for.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">