• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No signature of Officer on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aflake

What is the name of your state? Washington

I was stopped by an officer for speeding (50 mph in 35 mph zone). I was driving my friend's car (who was not in the car at that time). Unfortunately, my friend had left the car registration form unsigned. The officer caught this and threatened to ticket me for having an unsigned document. I explained that the car wasn't mine, and that I will tell my friend to sign it. The officer DID ticket me for speeding. However, much to my surprise, he forgot to sign the ticket himself! :rolleyes:

Should I honor this ticket? I have already requested for a contested hearing.

On a side note, the officer had taped our conversation (which seems to be a new thing in Seattle area these days.) Although I never admitted I was speeding. The officer's lecture about the importance of signed document is, indeed, taped! :D

How should I present my case to the Judge during contested hearing? Thanks in advance!

BelizeBreeze

how should you present your case?

Your honor, what is the fine. I thought about contesting based on the lack of the officer to sign the ticket, but when my friends, family and the dog down the street got sick from laughing so hard, I decided to step up and take responsibility for my actions.

aflake

Ticket the officer

BelizeBreeze said:
how should you present your case?

Your honor, what is the fine. I thought about contesting based on the lack of the officer to sign the ticket, but when my friends, family and the dog down the street got sick from laughing so hard, I decided to step up and take responsibility for my actions.
Very funny! And perhaps, I should suggest the Officer also get ticketed - for being careless?

I have to say, those Judges don't have any sense of humor whatsoever. I'll just send in my contested hearing by mail and see what happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">