• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unum-provident reassessment letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

unum-provident

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? CA

I have received a "reassessment letter" from unum provident insurance about a california disability claim they denied. does anyone know how to proceed with one of these? I would really appreciate disability insurance claim advice and to know if there is such a thing as a disability insurance lawyer. thanks.

seniorjudge

unum-provident said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? CA

I have received a "reassessment letter" from unum provident insurance about a california disability claim they denied. does anyone know how to proceed with one of these? I would really appreciate disability insurance claim advice and to know if there is such a thing as a disability insurance lawyer. thanks.
Follow the instructions in the letter.

If you want legal representation, then hire an attorney. Shop around.

alpha-omega

Lawyers who handle UNUM cases

I had a similar problem and did some searches online. I was not able to work because of back pain and depression. UNUM cut me off a short time after I began getting benefits even though I could not work then, and still can't work full time now.

There is an Advocate Law Group law firm that usually does these cases at no charge unless they help me recover something. I spoke to them and they said as I had purchased a policy on my own, by going to reassessment I would be giving up rights to damages their failure to pay caused me and my family.

They also said submitting a reassessment to UNUM means any new decision would be final. I can't trust anything UNUM does. They also told me I had gotten the policy through my empolyer, or the statue of limitations had run, or the amount was very small, in those cases they might suggest going through reassessment but it all depends on the facts.

They seem willing to help everybody who was short-changed by UNUM by at least going over the details and it costs nothing to call them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">