• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid Short Term Disability Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RdHead

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arizona

Earlier this year I was out on short term disability due to having surgery. The surgery was not sucessful, and a 2nd surgery is necessary. I had used all of my sick days during the previous surgery, but at this time I have more than a weeks worth of vacation time that I have to take by the end of the year. The problem is that my company will not allow me to use the vacation time for the first 5 days of being out. They are saying that I must take it unpaid. Can they do that if I still have paid time off? :confused:

seniorjudge

RdHead said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arizona

Earlier this year I was out on short term disability due to having surgery. The surgery was not sucessful, and a 2nd surgery is necessary. I had used all of my sick days during the previous surgery, but at this time I have more than a weeks worth of vacation time that I have to take by the end of the year. The problem is that my company will not allow me to use the vacation time for the first 5 days of being out. They are saying that I must take it unpaid. Can they do that if I still have paid time off? :confused:
Post this in the employment law forum....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">