• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

termed due to work restrictions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jcervan2

What is the name of your state?Texas
I had been seeing my physician about some leg pain. I work for Long John Silvers in Corpus Christi, which had recently been sold to a franchise group. I was told that I could not work for the new company until I received a work release. I was given a general release to return to work on 11/9. The new district manager went to my doctors office without me knowing and procured another work release with restrictions on it. this was used as the grounds for my termination. I was told that the company did not hire anyone with work restrictions and that I was free to reapply with the company when I had resolved my issues. does this sound legal? any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Not Illegal

Hi,

I've been on this part of the site for a couple of weeks, just reading, and making sure I'm being a good boss. I've read over and over that it seems only Montana does not have at-will employment and if you have a contract with your employer, you would need to show the contract to an attorney.

First, did you have a contract (not an offer of employment)?
Second, did you apply for UC?

It appears you were treated poorly but not illegally.

Good luck,

Adding Info

Please understand however, that I am not an attorney, and I do realize there is another big issue:

Why did your employer go to your doctor? That's not cool either, but maybe HIPAA was violated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">