• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Active Protective Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

parabell

I have a Rehearing on an existing protective order and I do have some legal knowledge so I would like to know if it is appropriate to file a motion for relief in order to pursuade the judge to not extend the protective order. I only signed the order because I was told that I would not be able to see my children for at least a month if I fight, and if I complied I would have visitation right away.
If a relief motion is not appropriate how can I motion the court to hear why this order should not be extended?
My State is Hawaii

[Edited by parabell on 11-27-2000 at 12:05 PM]

P

parabell

Tigres said:
Are you dealing with Child Protective Services? Or is this from the child(ren)'s other parent?

Tig

http://smilecwm.tripod.com/fk/tongue.gif
This Tro was brought by my wife. There is no CPS, at this time, involved, however; I was told that if I fight the TRO I would not have any visitiation and if I agreed to sign the TRO I could immediately begin supervised visitation. I don't understand the purpose of this except for the fact the court is using my children as a pawn in my wife's games. I would have never signed had I been provided visitation and I wanted to bring forth, what I believe is new evidence, that I was placed intentionally under duress to sign.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">