• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

exit interview

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babyfroggy1977

What is the name of your state? PA
When exiting a company do you have to sign their paperwork? My husband really doesn't want to sign anything because the company is known to be "tricky", putting in certain stipulations.

thanks

JETX

babyfroggy1977 said:
What is the name of your state? PA
When exiting a company do you have to sign their paperwork? My husband really doesn't want to sign anything because the company is known to be "tricky", putting in certain stipulations.
Simple answer... no, he doesn't have to sign anything.
However, if he refuses to sign something, the company could take some type of action on his refusal.
Such as... reduction or deletion of offered severance package.... or affecting his potential re-hire or even recommendation to future employers.

If he is concerned about 'trickery'... have him be sure to READ everything and ask for a copy of all signed documents.

babyfroggy1977

exit interview papers.... they wouldn't offer any type of package anyway so I think we'll be ok.
He just doesn't want to get himself into anything, after all he did sign the non-compete before realizing what it really was.

Most likely they'll keep his last pay (they've been known to do this) but we'll just take them to small claims court.

HomeGuru

babyfroggy1977 said:
exit interview papers.... they wouldn't offer any type of package anyway so I think we'll be ok.
He just doesn't want to get himself into anything, after all he did sign the non-compete before realizing what it really was.

Most likely they'll keep his last pay (they've been known to do this) but we'll just take them to small claims court.

**A: is he an IC or employee?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then if they refuse to pay him, you go to the state DOL, not small claims court.

What is in the document that he doesn't want to sign it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">