• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vett

What is the name of your state? New Mexco :confused:

I work at a Subway restraunt as an Asst. Mang. The location is in a mini-mall. The places next door to us was having thier roof worked on to fix leaks and for re-taring. One of the beam was lifted and our roof caved in on us. I was the only one hurt. I went to the ER and was told i had contusions to the right ribs, chest wall, thortic strain, and muscle gaurding. I went to P.T. for 3 weeks. When the muscle gaurding was gone i started to feel grinding in my back when i walk. Im now in more P.T. 3 times a week. I was asking for lost wages but, The tape of what happened "disappered" and my company says im not hurt and that i never lost any time due to my injury. They are now pushing me to do things they know i can not do. Writting me up for going to doctors apps. and P.T. apps. during the time i used to work. Going on 2 months now the doctors have me on part time light duty work. I am 23 y/o never had any back problmes. What can i do? Please send me some advice. Thank you.

Mwajuma

need some advice

I am definately not a lawyer but as a former manager I thought I would try and help. Did you file an injury form? When you went to the hospital they should have asked you if it was a work related injury and filled out the necessary paperwork. If that is the case you should be able to use that along with proof that you were working at the time and hire an attorny. They are should responsible to pay you for any loss of work and medical bills if this happened while you were at work. Subway is a large franchise and I am sure that they have insurance to cover this (Workman's comp.). I wouldn't let it go esp. if it truely is now effecting you work and it did in fact happen at work. This is just my opinion!

Vett

I did get a lawer. But she told me i just have to deal with what they tell me and want me to do. I want to quit, just walk out because my boss is really riding me. She keeps treatining to write me up for being late when im not. My co-workers are telling me that when im not around she tells them that i am faking my injury.... Im not!! Im scared to loss what i have worked so hard for. I just dont what i can or should do. Its truly driving me insane now. I did not do this to myself. I cant sleep because of the pain. I cant even change my cloths without hurting myself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">